Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love is... Coffee?

Decades ago, I collected the "love is..." images from the newspaper.  I still have several of them in a binder, which I run across occasionally, but quite by accident, I ran across this one just this morning. 


Serendipity, no doubt.


If someone were to tell me that this drawing was not of my husband and me, I wouldn't believe them.  It's too perfect. 
Love is so many things, but in our house, first thing in the morning, this is it. 


Oh sure, my husband is so much more than a morning cup of coffee.  I could tell you how after twenty years, my heart still skips a beat when I see his face or hear his voice on the phone, or I could mention how he supports me in everything I do, even if it means having to work harder himself.  I could tell you how he makes me laugh everyday, and how he holds me when I need it.  I could also use words like trust, passion, and friendship, but there's no need... he knows.  Yes, love is coffee, but what I've learned over time is that when it's right, love just is...


Happy Valentine's Day, my love.

And to everyone else... Love is... Everywhere.  Find it. Go call your Mom, your grandmother, your sister, your best friend, your Dad, your little brother... Love is...



Just One More Thing...


As I wrote the above, I was reminded of the late, great blues singer, Sippie Wallace who sang, "Women be Wise".  The advice of the song was to "Keep your mouth shut and don't advertise your man..." otherwise, some other woman would steal him away. 

Not a chance...

But that Sippie Wallace, wasn't she amazing? 


No comments:

Post a Comment